How did a highly aggressive and very toxic Brazilian Wandering spider end up missing in a shopper’s house?

Spiders induce a knee-jerk reaction in many people, and for good reason. Though many spider bites will leave you with nothing more than a bad memory, some bites can kill, and quickly at that.

In that spirit, a supermarket was closed after a family had bought a bag of fruit that contained eggs of one of the most deadly spiders in the world:  the Brazilian wandering spider.

After discovering a nest inside their house, the family immediately vacated for fear of their lives.

To make matters worse: there are now fears of an extremely deadly spider on the loose after wildlife expects failed to find and confine the missing arachnid.

The supermarket itself was closed for half a day to make sure no more of the deadly critters or their eggs were in any of the aisles.

What makes matter worse is that the Brazilian wandering spider is extremely aggressive. Combined that with its classification in 2010 as the most venomous spider by the Guinness World Records and you have a recipe for disaster.

A documented case of a spider bite in 2005 had a British man stay in a hospital for a week after being bitten by a spider hidden in a shipment of bananas.

In addition to the paralysis and loss of breathing that a single bite can cause, the spider’s venom also causes priapism, an embarrassing and painful condition that causes prolonged and uncontrollable erections.

Image: http://www.independent.co.uk/

Source:  http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/582612/Aldi-nest-Brazilian-wandering-spiders-bananas

 

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *