On this mother’s day, say goodbye to Acne.
Acne or breakouts can be your worst nightmare, especially when they pop up right before an event that you have prepared for months to attend. Ain’t it? They always get you at a time that you need them the least, such as a close relative or friend’s birthday celebration, an interview, or even a significant wedding, looks like finding a way out to get rid of these beauty changing factors has become a mission for us women.
Hormones and skin care play a vital role in having a clear, healthy skin but sometimes stress can contribute to it too. We usually have very little control over eliminating acne fast so it tends to make us more stressful and as a result our skin starts producing cortisol, which is hormone responsible for producing excessive oil and clog pores that result in blemishes.
As a teenager I have struggled with acne and I feel like sometimes no matter what you do to treat it, it just gets worse resulting in scarring. But since I have experimented these miraculous methods , I feel like I’m on cloud nine. They are just remarkable and help keep up a clear skin. They can be done overnight, while you are asleep which is perhaps the best time, so your skin gets the chance to regenerate and breathe the most.
A spot treatment, like Mario Badescu’s Drying Lotion, is a must and the first step in contributing to drying your acne , it has vigorous acne-fighting ingredients like sulfur and salicylic acid to decrease and dry pimples up right away. Just grab a cotton swab and immerse it into the lotion , then apply to the affected area. In the morning you will notice that the size of the pimples has been reduced.
- A spot treatment, like Mario Badescu’s Drying Lotion, is a must and the first step in contributing to drying your acne , it has vigorous acne-fighting ingredients like sulfur and salicylic acid to lower and dry pimples up right away. Just grab a cotton swab and immerse it into the lotion , then apply to the affected area. In the morning you will notice that the size of the pimples has been reduced.
- Just like the spot treatment, toothpaste dries out your pimples in a couple of hours. Remember to use white toothpaste instead of a gel paste and apply it to the affected area leaving it on overnight. Incase you have a sensitive skin, skip this step as it can leave your skin very red and dry.
- Eggs don’t only give to healthy diet containing protein, but they help reduce acne too. Firstly, separate egg white from the yolk and whisk it. Then apply the whisked (white) egg to your face. Make sure your fingers are clean and leave it on the affected area for about 20 minutes, incase its swollen, leave it on for about an hour (if you have time you can leave it overnight too). The good news is If you have scars like me, egg whites diminish them too as egg whites contain enzymes that are a source of lightener for the skin.
- Green tea has anti-inflammatory characteristics. For a great impact just boil a cup of water, add a teabag and take the tea bag out in 15 mins. Once it has cooled down, just dab it onto the affected area.
- It may sound bizarre, but honey greatly helps eliminate zits. You must be thinking how can a thing that is so sticky itself help cure acne? Well, honey actually has antibacterial properties and can greatly reduce the size of the pimple and helps eliminate scarring too. Apply a very small amount to the affected area and wash it off in half an hour. Do not leave honey on your skin overnight.
- Tea tree oil is one of the most promising things that you can apply to your face to reduce acne. It has great benefits, which is why so many acne products contain this. It is a solvent that aids in eliminating clogged pores. Take a cup, and mix one teaspoon of tea tree oil with nine teaspoons of water to thin it out. Apply it to the cotton swab and apply to the affected area. You can leave this for about an hour and if you wish you can leave it overnight too.
- If your acne swells up insanely, aloe vera gel could do the trick. This works wonders for people who have a sensitive skin. It has antibacterial properties that reduce swelling and soothe your skin very much. Aloe vera gel is easily available at all drugstores. For best results apply to the affected area and leave it on overnight.