In a moment after iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and the Apple Watch were disclosed to the public at the Cupertino stage, the very place where Steve Jobs unveiled the iconic Macintosh three decades ago, tirades and admirations inundated the internet with zest and gusto.
Some went berserk at the media mileage the three devices have received for the past many months while others have simple went agog and gaga with the touted new-fangled devices from technology behemoth Apple. The company’s CEO, Tim Cook, took pride on mincing wonderful words about the features and specs of the new devices while looking at the images on a flashed screen.
Pouncing on the event’s high-profile status, Cook said, “[iPhone 6 as the] biggest advancement in the history of iPhone… the number one smartphone in the world.”
These smartphones are expected to be filled with innovations and top-of-the-shelves features and of course will come in with hefty prices. Are these mobile devices worth all of the praises it already received from the vast majority of people who are fond of the high-end smartphones. Let us have a close glimpse of the smartphones’ features:
- From just traditional four-inches size, the iPhone 6 improved to 4.7 inches while iPhone 6 Plus is even bigger at 5.5 inches. Though both phones have increased in size, the two variants became thinner than ever. The two new mobile devices are way thinner than their predecessor iPhone 5 which has a thickness of 7.6 mm. The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus have thickness of 7.1mm and 6.9 mm respectively. Both models come in with curved edges to appear slimmer.
- Both models boasts of clearer display thanks to the company’s much-improved Retina HD. The iPhone 6 comes in with more than one million pixels while iPhone 6 comes in with more than 2 million pixels. This improvement gives rise to higher contrasts, dimmer blacks and broader viewing angles.
- The mobile devices are also powerful and energy-efficient. The new iPhone 6 models comes with the most up to date A8 processing chip which is smaller than its precursor which is the A7 and although it has twice as much transistors at 2 billion. It has to 50 percent more energy efficient and has an impressive unrelenting performance even for a longer period of time.
- The two models also come with an 8 Megapixels iSight camera along with its new fangled sensor. The camerca features face detection autofocus, faster autofocus and enhanced noise reduction. The iPhone 6 is peppered with image stabilization technology while on the other end, iPhone 6 Plus has an even more impressive optical image stabilization thanks to its moving lens. With Apple’s cutting edge gyroscope panoramic shots are stitched up impeccably. Video clips can be captured at 1080p at a rate of 60 fps, while slow-motion videos can be taken by a remarkable 240 fps. Both models can afford to take time-lapse video, while its frontal camera which is coined as Facetime camera is now HD capable and supports burst mode while increasing light capture by a huge 80 percent.
- The new iPhone devices boast of enhanced battery life to give the users more time to enjoy their phones.
- The iPhones comes with a reasonable starting data storage capacity of 16 GB that can be improved to either 64 GB or 128 GB.
- And the icing on the cake is both the new models will work with the innovative payment method which is the Apple Pay. This novelty move by apple will make troubles regarding credit cards a thing of the past, as this method of payment, works with banks and credit card providers to come up with just one-touch checkout without entering card numbers at all. This feature uses the company’s NFC radio antenna technology to make transactions flow as smooth as silk. Apple values the security of its users as typing addresses and sharing card info with the merchant are no longer needed. Say adios to the uncovered credit card numbers and the magnetic stripe interface.
Apple truly live up to its billing as the number one company in the high-end phone segment as its iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are both hinged in user experience and at the same time loaded with groundbreaking features and specs.